I’ve decided it’s time to open My Shop. My Shop is a maker space that provides the tools, space, and education needed to design and build that project you’ve always wanted to do, but never had the facility and/or knowledge to be able to do it yourself.
My Shop is a 2500 square foot workshop, currently located in Naperville, IL – located in the western suburbs of Chicago, minutes from the I88, I355, and I55 interstates.
Additional My Shop locations will be opening soon.
There are four membership tiers available to My Shop:
- Sustaining member. This is a lifetime membership that provides unlimited use of all facilities and equipment My Shop has to offer.
- Yearly supporter. This is a yearly subscription to My Shop, and renews on an annual basis. Unlimited use of all facilities and equipment is included for the year.
- Monthly supporter. As above, but renews on a month-to-month basis.
- Hourly use. The use of the My Shop facilities is available on an hourly basis, but is only available during core business hours of 7 AM to 11 PM. Demonstrated ability to operate machines is required before any use will be permitted. This certification will be done outside of the period that is “on the clock”.
- Four air compressors and piped air throughout shop
- 110/220 single and three-phase power
- Five areas in the facility – auto/metal shop, woodworking bench room, woodworking machinery room, finishing room, electronics/drafting room.
- Central air and heating.
- Oversize garage door to auto/metal shop, barn door to woodworking machinery room.
Woodworking – Stationary Equipment:
- Four table saws
- Tile saw
- Three radial arm saws
- Two band saws
- Two sliding compound miter saws
- One single bevel miter saw
- 6″ jointer
- 12″ planer
- two lathes
- two drill presses
- panel saw/panel router
- router table
- scroll saw
- oscillating belt/spindle sander
- 2″ belt sander
- 6″ belt/9″ disc sander
- 4″ belt/6″ disc sander
WOODWORKING – Portable power tools
- Belt Sanders
- Random Orbital Sanders
- 1/4-sheet Orbital Sanders
- hand-held Power Planer
- 1/4″ and 1/2″ Routers
- Trim Routers
- Rotary Tools, corded and air
- Detail Sanders
- 3/8″ and 1/2″ drills, corded, air, and cordless
- 3/8″ and 1/2″ angle drills, corded and cordless
- Oscillating Tools, corded and cordless
- Circular Saws, corded and cordless
- Impact Drivers, corded, air, and cordless
- Reciprocating Saws, corded and cordless
- Jig Saws, corded and cordless
- Cutoff tool/angle grinders, corded, air, and cordless
- Finish Nail Guns, cordless and air
- Brad Nailers, air
- Staplers/Crown Staplers, air, electric, manual
- Framing Nailers, cordless, air
- Grinder, Slow Speed
- Dovetail Jig
- Kreg Pocket Hole Jigs
woodworking hand tools
- Extensive collection of antique and primitive tools. Private collection, restricted use.
- Hand routers
- Saws – crosscut, rip, dozuki, ryoba, dovetail, flush-cut, back saws
- Miter boxes
- Augers and bits
- Sharpening station and supplies
Auto/metal shop equipment
- Miller Plasma Cutter
- Hobart MIG Wirefeed Welder
- Lincoln “tombstone” AC Arc Welder
- Porter-Cable Abrasive Cutoff Saw
- Drill Press
- Sandblasting cabinet
- Texas Blaster
- Oxy-Acetylene Brazing and Cutting Torches
- Cherry Picker Hydraulic Lift
- 2000 lb Lift Table
- Engine Stand
- 4″ and 6″ Angle Grinders, corded
- Straight-Line Sander, air
- Deburring Tools, air
- Metal Shear, air
- Metal Nibbler, air
- Die Grinder, air
- Grinder, 8″
- Wire Wheel/Buffer
- Auto Buffer, 10″
- Hand tools – sockets, drills, wrenches, pliers, etc…